You, Failed Messiah reader, can win a pair of tickets to a great new Broadway play (yes, BROADWAY, that Broadway – the Great White Way), Richard Greenberg’s The Assembled Parties, starring Jessica Hecht, Judith Light and Jeremy Shamos.
Originally posted at 7:25 am CDT Friday, 4-26-2013
You can win a pair of tickets to a great new Broadway play (yes, BROADWAY, that Broadway – the Great White Way), Richard Greenberg’s The Assembled Parties, starring Jessica Hecht, Judith Light and Jeremy Shamos.
(Please watch the video trailers posted below.)
The tickets are for the Tuesday, May 7th 7:00 pm show, and you can win them by answering the five questions below before 9:00 am EDT on Wednesday, May 1st. Just post your answers in the comments section below, making sure to use a valid email address when you post. Then carefully watch your email and spam folder to see if you’ve won.
Whoever gets the most number of questions right wins. If more than one entrant correctly answers the most number of questions, the winner will be chosen by FailedMessiah.com’s crack contest staff.
This is Broadway, folks, so the number of questions have been increased and none of them are multiple choice. So you’ll have to do a little work to find the answers.
1. What cantor’s son became a Broadway, film and recording star who fought against anti-Black racism in the theater beginning in 1911?
2. What Jewish Broadway, film and recording star was the first entertainer to entertain US troops overseas in WW2 and then again was the first to entertain US troops in Korea, earning a posthumous medal for doing so? (Hint: Bob Dylan wrote that this entertainer was "somebody whose life I can feel.”)
3. The first US theater built to be a Yiddish theater opened on the corner of Grand and Chrystie Streets in 1903. What was its name?
4. Which Yiddish theater star eventually had her own eponymous theater and later went on to play a matchmaker in a very Jewish 1971 smash hit film that began its life on Broadway? Who was this Yiddish theater star and in what movie did she play a matchmaker?
5. What Tony-Award-winning Jewish actress also played a TV series character named after a Adam’s supposed first wife?
6. What Jewish Broadway actress played a lesbian who stole away Ross Geller’s wife in an iconic television sitcom?
7. What Jewish Tony-Award-winning wildly successful stage, screen and TV actress once starred in a TV series opposite a former boxer?
8. Which Broadway actor played Steve Cohen in Ang Lee’s 2009 film Talking Woodstock?
The Assembled Parties video trailers: