NYPD's Police Commissioner just finished making a statement and answering questions in a news conference. He said Shomrim was very helpful in the investigation but the large numbers of search teams, posters, etc., scared Aron and that's why he killed Kletzky. Here's the audio…
Click the gray bar to listen:
• Shomrim got the license plate number and reported it to police, which helped in apprehending Aron.
• Police think Leibby was lost and Aron said he would drive him home.
• Aron panicked when he saw all the posters and the search teams and that's why he killed Leibby.
• Aron lived in Tennessee for two years where he worked as a security guard, and police do not know if he has a police record there.
• One of the journalists (sounded Jewish with a Yiddish accent) said people had called 911 on Aron in the past but police did not properly handle those complaints.
• Police maintain that he has no record of pedophilia in New York.
• There was approximately a 2 hour delay from the time parents called Shomrim until Shomrim called police.
• The police commissioner said Aron is Orthodox.
• An autopsy is being performed.
Update 2:45 am CDT Thursday, July 14 – Here's a video of the press conference: