Full audio interview posted below.
Here is a list of charges made by Michael Harding, who in late July came from Indiana to work at Agriprocessors in Postville. The charges include very serious allegations that directly impact the kosher status of Agriprocessors' beef:
1. Not given safety equipment until on the job for a week.
2. Not given full breaks.
3. A dangerous work environment is made worse by Agriprocessors negligence.
4. USDA sanitation regulations routinely ignored.
5. Rabbis treating meat from Agriprocessors' Nebraska slaughterhouse brought to Postville for processing differently than meat killed at Agriprocessors Postville. This includes:
a. Lax deveining (traboring).
b. Lax salting.
c. Rabbis sleeping on the job.
d. He describes the rabbis as non-English speakers with long peyot, sidecurls. [These are probably rabbis associated with Supreme Kosher and Rabbi Menachem Meir Weissmandl.]
6. Rotten, green, smelly meat processed with fresh meat.
7. In 6 weeks on the job, saw Agriprocessors' new Safety Director, Trent Gorton, one time – off the floor during initial training.
8. In 6 weeks on the job, never saw Jim Martin, Agriprocessors' new Compliance Officer.
9. Not allowed to leave work even when injured.
10. Coworker wet his pants because he was not allowed to go to the bathroom. Had to keep working with urine-soaked pants.
Listen to the full interview: